Friday, March 30, 2012

CFC Director Thanks Postal Employees for Their Generosity

In an email to CTV District Manager Kimberly J. Peters RI and SEMA CFC Director Elizabeth J. Comeau wrote:

"I ended my day late yesterday afternoon speaking with some CFC colleagues about our 2011 campaigns, specifically the USPS participation in the 2011 Combined Federal Campaign.

And, I knew I wanted to begin my day by sending this e-mail to you – mostly to, again, extend to you my most heartfelt thanks for your support of the RI and SEMA CFC.

First and foremost, know that like me, all of my colleagues have the USPS family in our thoughts and prayers given the current circumstances, uncertainties and this unsettled economic environment.
 
Secondly, I must share with you that I continue to be humbled and in awe of the continuing support of this campaign by USPS employees.  Despite the challenges they face, they have not forgotten that there are others whose situations are far more challenging – the countless people served by our CFC-participating charitable organizations.

I’m sure you’ve seen the numbers…

USPS employees in Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts contributed almost $275,000 to the 2011 Campaign.  Their rate of employee participation is greater than that of the campaign’s overall rate of participation – AMAZING. 

I know, too, that it is because of YOU, your support, that we were able to achieve these extraordinary results!  Few USPS campaigns across the country were able to achieve (and/or maintain) their records of giving like our USPS Campaign was able to do.

I will look forward to working with you again in 2012, and I know that, with your support (and with the team we have put in place), we will continue to help those who
need our help and are counting on us. 

Again, thank you so VERY MUCH and may GOD BLESS YOU for your charitable spirit."

Best regards,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth J. Comeau
CFC Director
RI and SEMA Combined Federal Campaign